General Requirements and Information
Art files may be submitted via CD, DVD, Mobile USB device, our FTP site, your FTP site and/or email (files should be under 10MB for each email)
Accepted File Formats
- Photoshop CS5 and earlier - .tif, .eps, .psd or high resolution .jpg
- Illustrator CS5 and earlier - .ai, .eps, or .pdf
- InDesign CS5 or below - .indd files (be sure to package all fonts and linked images)
- Corel Draw 13 or below - exported to Illustrator (.ai) for Mac Version
- Flexi 8 converted to .eps
- Postscript .eps (.ps)
Unacceptable File Formats
- Power Point
- Quark Express
If you are unsure if your file format is acceptable or not, please contact our art department prior to sending the job.
To ensure deadlines are met, your piece is printed at the best quality and/or to avoid additional art/design charges, please make sure you follow these additional guidelines:
- Please include your fonts or convert all text in the document to outlines, curves or paths.
- Mac users always convert text to outlines. This is important; if this is not done it will delay your order.
- If color matching is required, provide color acurate prints and Pantone Solid Coated numbers if PMS colors are required.
- If color matching to a non-PMS color is required, a sample swatch of that color must be provided.
All photos should be at least 150dpi at print size. If scanning your images, please scan it with the above settings. Larger print sizes may allow for lower resolution. Preferred file formats are .tif, .eps or .psd. Jpegs can be used but are advised against due to data loss during compression. Gif and BMP files are generally unacceptable. Please contact our prepress department with any questions concerning resolution and output size.
Bleed and Sizing
- if you supply bleed on a graphic, specify the amount of bleed provided either with crop marks in the art or with notation on the work order.
- IMPORTANT: Please make files proportionately for scaling; make accurate dimensions 48x96 shouldbe just that. If it needs a bleed then 48.5x96.5 giving a .25 inch bleed on all sides. If you require a larger bleed, just make it as accurate as possible when designing.
- Files saved in RGB or CMYK are accepted. Please do not mix the two color modes in one document.
- NO PROOF - Because rush orders do not allow enough time for proofing, we will process prints following the exact image we recieve in the files provided by the customer. It is imperative that customers provide files that accurately represent the products to be delivered. On rush orders, we cannot be responsible for errors/omissions in the original designs. A signed proof waiver form may also be required in order to process your rush order. When a customer does not request a proof they are accepting all responsibility for design errors.
- JPEG PROOF - This type of proof is for content only and should not be used to judge the final quality of the printed product.
- HARD PROOF - A reduced version of the actual product (material fee may be applied).
7color Graphixs is not responsible for errors in supplied art files. We make every effort to catch and question elements that seem to be a potential error. However, it is the responsibility of the artwork supplier to make sure the files are free of errors.